Kmail won't send.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 13 14:02:32 UTC 2010

Quad 64bit 8gb ram nVidia 9600.  Newly installed Karmic 9.10 kde with all
updates and upgrades installed.

Kmail stopped sending.  It worked fine for a while.  I am writing from my
backup computer.  When I checked configuration, the sending smtp port had
changed from 465 to 25 and the password space was blank.  I successfully
changed the port number back, however, the 'apply' feature does not activate
to set the password.  Consequently after I click 'OK' after entering my
password, the apply feature is not activated so that I can permanently set the
password.  Yes, I have it checked to remember the password.

When I re-check the configuration to see if the password remained, the space is
empty.  When I attempt to send emails, they do not send.

Steven