(K)ubuntu @ Asus Eee PC 1001HA - request for advise.

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 09:51:52 GMT 2010

> Nor can I as far as VPN is concerned. I'm writing this on a eeepc 1000HE
> connected though wifi  wpa2 with knetworkmanager. Both eth0 and my 3G modem
> work tough broadband capability has worsened in respect to the very good
> behaviour it had on NM 0.7 in Intrepid.
>
>> But for "plain old wired and wireless network" I consider it the best
>
> Indeed if one wants or need to use wicd - very nice for fixed IPs - the
> Vodafone Driver may be a solution to any added Broadband need.

I intend to use my netbook (eeepc 1001HA) for 3 kinds of internet
connections: LAN, WIFI, and mobile internet. Mobile internet is
available via a 2,5 G mobile phone, which I can use as a modem via a
cable. That's why I am wondering which option will be most workable in
practice:
maintaining the Knetworkmanager I have now at Kubuntu Karmic netbook
remix? Or the combination of WICD with some driver? Does the 'Vodafone
driver' also work for other mobile phone companies?

Respectfully yours.

Bas.