No mail from News server- kubuntu port 119

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Mon Feb 22 13:14:08 UTC 2010

Goh Lip wrote:

> On 02/22/2010 05:51 AM, David Fletcher wrote:
>> On Sunday 21 Feb 2010, Goh Lip wrote:
>>
>>> Thunderbird3  and Opera mail agent unable to get through gmane
>>> newserver.

It gets more interesting.....
Have sent following mail earlier, but did not see a trace of it except in my
sent mail.

<sent>
Strange, now I can receive this message on nntp gmane but not the earlier
messages or replies to this thread. Perhaps I was on the browser reading up
other lists which I do not ask to be sent to my direct mail (and of course
not getting any mail) and was also going through quickly the kubuntu list as
well. Then perhaps I did a synchronization with the messages (unnecessary
since it was not set to be offline) just for the heck of it.

Still don't know what went wrong or right and sorry again for the noise.
<unsent>

I had set up knode just to check out the problem and this message was sent
through knode. Still the earlier messages are missing here in knode. I
wonder if I am the only one with this problem.

regards - goh lip