Nepomuk and Akonadi

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 06:02:45 UTC 2010

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 03:25:03 pm Reinhold Rumberger wrote:
> Nor can I, but they don't really seem to affect anything...
> BTW, the link was from most of the error messages I kept getting
> before I installed the virtuoso backend...
>
> If you start akonaditray, does right-clicking on the icon give xou
> the option of stopping akonadi? Also, what does "akonadictl status"
> say? Likely, if akonadi is running, you just have some fuck-ups due
> to importing. Use the akonadi systray icon to go to settings and
> delete every resource. Afterwards just create what resources you
> want/need.

Oh it is working (sort of), after I fixed up the apparmour stuff. What's bugging
me is:

* the mysql error

* I always get the akonadi error dialog displayed on startup from kontact

* Akonadi is always non-functional initially in Kontact, even though
akonadictl status shows it as running. Once I restart kontact its fine

I suspect the last two are related to timing issues. I have session management
on and kontact is autostarted via that. I presume at that stage the akonadi is
not running. I'll try adding it to autostart after this.

--
Lindsay
http://blackpaw.jalbum.net/home