Nepomuk and Akonadi

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 23:37:15 GMT 2010

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 06:07:43 am Mark Greenwood wrote:
> You don't need Akonadi.. it never starts on my system but KMail etc all
> work. Just use the old fashioned flat-file stuff. I don't know how you
> configure it now because I did it a while ago.

True ... I'm just trying to work with KDE the way the developers intended. Its
just disappointing to see major functionality in a full release essentially
broken and unusable.

I'm hoping this is like the 4.0 release, that by the time we get to 4.5 or 4.6
we'll all be wondering how we lived without akonadi and nepomuk. But it looks
to be a long wait :(

In the meantime I guess I'll keep plugging and reporting bugs. And install
Thunderbird for actual email usage. Fortunately I run a IMAP server.

--
Lindsay
http://blackpaw.jalbum.net/home