(K)ubuntu @ Asus Eee PC 1001HA - request for advise.

lanzen lanzenesi at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 20:03:38 UTC 2010

On Sunday 14 February 2010 20:37:13 Bas Roufs wrote:

> > System Recovery 10GB
>
> The number, 10 GB, is right. The idea of a 'system recovery' at that
> place sounds logic, but I am not sure about it.  Will this 'system
> recovery' also function for the Kubuntu partition, in case of need?

I do not know win7, but I suppose you should get a menu item in grub2 from
where you can run a win7 recovery routine in the same way it would do for xp.
So, not from Kubuntu, but in grub, soon after boot and provided you have
disabled the fast boot option.

> "Logical partitions" are you aiming at the so-called "logical volume
> management",
>  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_Volume_Management   ?

Wow, it really looks geeky!  LOL!
How about going the simple way...
http://www.pcguide.com/ref/hdd/file/structPartitions-c.html

> You mean the 'unallocated' partition, to be partitioned in / , /home and
> swap?

Yes. Indeed you can run gparted (or maybe kde partition manager) and I'm sure
it will be clear how to proceed once you are in there.

Ciao,

--
lanzen