No desk top computer?

Neil Winchurst barnaby at drofle.com
Sat Feb 13 10:49:03 UTC 2010

Ric Moore wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-02-12 at 23:09 +0000, Neil Winchurst wrote:
>
>> The main reason being that it would not take up so  much space in the
>> spare bedroom as my desktop does now. I could get rid of the desk etc
>> which take up so much room. And, if necessary, (eg when a guest is using
>> the bedromm) it could be used in another room. Hence the hints and
>> comments from her indoors.
>
> Heh, if you free up that bedroom, not only will you have a sucky
> computer experience but you'll have various PEOPLE staying the weekend
> eating up your food, using up your toilet paper and generally prove to
> be less satisfying than having a decent computer experience.
>
> "A man has GOT to know his limitations." (Clint Eastwood) and, I'll
> add, ...his priorities. :) Ric

No, it will not free up the bedroom except when family are staying. I
plan to still use it as my 'den' most of the time. It will simply be
easier to move downstairs for a short time during said visits. And
family guests will find more room to move around. At the moment when we
set up a bed for visitors in that room there is very little space to
manoeuvre due to the desk, computer tower etc. anyway, that is the plan.

Neil