(K)ubuntu @ Asus Eee PC 1001HA - request for advise.

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 14:58:55 UTC 2010

Hello Andrei and Everybody

> ...your machine is excellent,
> so why remix? I'd advice to you install current 9.10 and forget remix....

You are already the 2nd person who advises me to simply install the
current standard (K)ubuntu Karmic -taking into account the good
specifications of the netbook aimed at in the beginning of this
thread.

On the other hand, a few others in this thread and elsewhere point ad
advantages of the current version of  "Kubuntu  netbook remix":
>  it makes using such a small screen actually quite easy (provided you're
> prepared to Alt-Tab through applications)

Does anybody have experience with both "remix" and "standard"  Kubuntu
Karmic at a netbook? By the way, for me using alt-tab is perfectly OK
for switching between simultaneously running. applications - even at
the desktop PC with Kubuntu Karmic at which I am writing this message.
.

Respectfully yours,
Bas.