Strange Konqueror Problem

Reinhold Rumberger rrumberger at web.de
Sat Feb 6 19:16:07 UTC 2010

On Saturday 06 February 2010, Tony Sivori wrote:
> Back to the Konqueror problem, I might have been clearer in my
> original post. I can archive web pages fine. The resulting .war
> archive opens fine in Konqueror. But when I copy the .war files
> (the entire folder, actually) to another hard drive on the same
> computer, or to CD, Konqueror won't open the .war files. Same
> computer, same OS.
>
> For what it's worth, I googled before I posted. I googled your
> suggestions. None resulted in a solution.

This problem is getting to be pretty strange...
Could you do me a favour and post the output of:

ls -l <.war file name>
md5sum <.war file name>
file <.war file name>

both before and after such a copy operation. A change in the
writeable and executable bits is normal after a copy to and from a
CD, but the rest of the output should stay the same. Also, the output
of the file command should suggest "gzip compressed data" in both
cases.

My guess is that there is some data integrity or permissions problem.
Oh, and just to be sure: Does this only happen when you copy a whole
directory or also when you copy just a single file? Do the filenames
contain spaces? Can you open the .war file directly from the
CD/external hard drive? Does it work if you remove the executable
permission after a copy operation?

It works fine here in KDE 4.4 RC2, BTW.

  --Reinhold