Installing Hardy into a 'wasted' partition

Jonesy gmane at jonz.net
Fri Feb 5 16:09:54 UTC 2010

On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 07:29:30 -0500, Bruce Marshall wrote:
> On Thursday 04 February 2010, Pastor JW wrote:
>> I really hope so too, but it is rather unlikely.  I've been working out a
>> reasonable alternative with Xfce.  Of course, it may not work in 10.04
>> either.  :(
>
> I've been using XFCE ever since KDE4 came along.   It should always be
> available.

Thanks for that.  It's nice to hear from a KDE(3) ex-pat.
I did not know (yet) where to start to look for a medium-weight WM.  I
know most of the acronyms -- just naught about the details, nor the
comparisons.

I'll install XFCE and start futzing around from there.

I have A LOT of KDIALOG stuff here.  I'd like to keep it as intact as
possible -- feature/function-wise if nothing else.

Jonesy
--
  Marvin L Jones    | jonz          | W3DHJ  | linux
   38.24N  104.55W  |  @ config.com | Jonesy |  OS/2