Move clock ahead five minutes

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Feb 3 19:04:19 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 03 February 2010, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>On 3 February 2010 19:13, Knapp <magick.crow at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 5:21 PM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Fellow Kubunters, I need to push the clock of my Kubuntu 9.10 system
>>> ahead five minutes. I set it in (translated) System Settings -> Date
>>> and Time and even disabled the "update automatically" checkmark.
>>> However after a reboot the time goes back to the correct time.
>>>
>>> I then tried changing the BIOS clock five minutes ahead. Even in this
>>> case, after a reboot the clock goes back to being accurate. What must
>>> I do to permanently move the clock ahead five minutes?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Dotan Cohen
>>
>> Why do you want your clock to be wrong?
>
>So that I will be only 10 minutes late for everything.

That's nothing at all Dotan.  I have been so late, so many times in my 75
years, that my 2nd wife used to claim that I would probably be late for my
own funeral.  And I always replied that I sincerely hoped I missed it
completely.  But guess who had the car warmed up by the time she was ready?
Thank $Diety she left 25 years ago.  I've not been quite so tardy sometimes.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Perhaps the biggest disappointments were the ones you expected anyway.