Howto create bootable usb-stick without an ubuntu installation?

Waleed Hamra kubuntu-users at whamra.com
Mon Dec 27 15:11:33 UTC 2010

On 12/27/2010 04:36 PM, Clemens Eisserer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to install kubuntu on my laptop which doesn't have a
> working CD drive.
>
> I found a tutorial in the wiki which explains creating a bootable usb
> stick using a program called "usb-creator", however its not available
> on fedora, and is also missing on the lubuntu live-cd.
>
> Is there a manual way to create a live usb stick?
>
> Thank you in advance, Clemens

how about installing usb creator on the Live CD run?

while in the Live CD, open a terminal and type:

sudo apt-get usb-creator-kde

this should install it fine, after that create your CD.
but i have no idea if this can be done when the CD is being actively
used, but worth a shot.

--
Waleed K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems