Save to remove these packages?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 10:12:06 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 12:04, Reinhold Rumberger <rrumberger at web.de> wrote:
>> 6)       kubuntu-notification-helper
>> This might actually be a problem. Will I get notifications and see
>> file transfers in another way?
>
> This has nothing to do with KDE's notification functionality. It simply
> provides notifications of updates, required reboots, etc. (see package
> description)

I did in fact read the description, but I may be a little sleep
deprived. I now understand it to be the Kubuntu notifier in the System
Tray (not the "i" icon). Is that so?

>> 7)       language-selector-qt
>> This also might be a problem. I have three keyboard layouts, will I
>> still be able to use them?
>
> This allows you to set the *language*, not the keyboard layout.

Ah, I see. Actually, I sometimes switch between my native language and
English at the application level (one of the reasons that I love KDE).
Is this all that I would miss? I suppose that I could set everything
in English and live that way for some time.

Thanks!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il