Activities

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 15:49:44 UTC 2010

Lindsay Mathieson said the following at 12/03/2010 08:10 PM :

> - The Pager widget looks excellent vertical or horizontal. I have mine with 4
> Desktops, 1 Column in a auto hide vertical panel - its very usable.

I have to disagree there. In KDE3, one could tell at a glance which
applications were running on which desktop; in KDE4 this is true only if
the applications are maximized. Otherwise there are just little grey boxes
in the pager, so one can no longer tell which applications are running
where. I find this a serious usability issue.

(Actually, it's a bit more complicated than that... a nearly-maximised
application is still properly represented as an icon, so it seems that
there for non-maximised applications is a size-of-application threshold
below which the icon is replaced by a grey rectangle, but the threshhold is
set higher in KDE4 than it was in KDE3.)

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR