Activities

Thomas Olsen tanghus at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 10:19:31 UTC 2010

On Saturday 04 December 2010 03:43:32 Mark Greenwood wrote:
> On Saturday 04 Dec 2010 02:24:22 Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> > Keep trying but I just can't see the point of activities, they don't
> > appear to bring anything to the table that Virtual Screen didn't, apart
> > from the ability to have different widgets on different screens -
> > whoopdy doo.
> >
> > I have yet to see a concise description of what activities are or a
> > decent tutorial.
>
> I've yet to see that either, but here's what I use them for:

As far as I can see you can use Activities just as (or better than) Virtual
Desktops if:

 - There was an "Activity Pager" just like the VD pager.

 - The task manager had a setting "Only show tasks from the current Activity".

 - There was an indication somewhere/how on which Activity you are currently
using.

And most likely some more things needed. The Activities needs a few more
development iterations before they become useful at least for me.

--
Best regards / med venlig hilsen

Thomas Olsen

Dropbox and my thumb drive had an epic battle. Dropbox won.
http://db.tt/T0p6d6L