Compilation Problem

Clay Weber claydoh at claydoh.com
Sat Dec 4 01:21:55 UTC 2010

On Friday, December 03, 2010 04:49:31 AM Bill vance wrote:
> I think this is a database problem, (new system [10.04]),
> and it's as crazy as anything I've come across yet.
>
> Basically, it's sending email to root, at a rate of apx.,
> one per minute.
>
> The appropriate header portion seems to be:
>    >From: root at xpresso.com (Cron Daemon)
>
> To: root at xpresso.com
> Subject: Cron <amavis-stats at xpresso>  [ -x /usr/sbin/amavis-stats ] &&
> /usr/sbin/amavis-stats /var/log/mail.info
>
> And the message passed is:
>
>    ERROR: MISSING REQUIRED BASIC MODULES:
>         RRDp
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/sbin/amavis-stats line 63.
>
> Anyone know whats going on here?
>
> Bill

Amavis-stats seems to have a bug, I am guessing the version in 10.04 is
not the latest (0.1.22+dfsg-2)

try installing the packages listed as 'depends on' the changes summary down
near the bottom  of the page if you can't turn off amavis-stats email function.
I am not sure if the email frequency is because of the bug or not, but it
seems to be the case.

clay