USB k/M

Mark Greenwood captain_bodge at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 1 11:31:35 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 01 Dec 2010 04:10:37 GeraldCC wrote:
> Hi to all,
> Could anyone explain, why, on some machines the USB K/M (Keyboard/Mouse) is
> lost when they are switched to another machine then switched back? (with a KVM
> USB switch)
> I have 2 machines where this happens.
> Gerald

It's probably your KVM switch that is at fault. I've had this at work with several of the USB KVM switches we used. When replaced with a more expensive, better specced switch the problem went away. It did only affect certain models of PC but I'm pretty sure it's hardware related and has nothing to do with the OS because I've seen the BIOS complain about having no keyboard.

Mark