acer aspire 6935 audio e network problems

Luca Ferrari fluca1978 at infinito.it
Tue Aug 24 13:24:12 UTC 2010

Hi,
I'm running kubuntu 10.04 with kde 4.5 and I've got a couple of problems with
audio and network:
- while the audio works fine with gnome, I cannot hear anything with kde, and
no errors appear. I'm using Pulse audio with xine backend, do I have to
install something else?
- sometimes the network card becomes unavailable (network is disabled), and
while I can enable it with gnome I cannot with kde ( I don't have any option
to enable it and pressing the hardware button does not work).

Finally, if I logout from th desktop, nothing appears, that is I have no prmpt
to enter the desktop again and I've got to reboot.
Any idea about how to solve this annoying problems?

Thanks,
Luca