multitouch in kde

Paul S paulatgm at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 22:27:47 UTC 2010

Reinhold Rumberger said the following on 08/23/2010 04:00 PM:
> On Monday 23 August 2010, Paul S wrote:
>> Running kde 4.5 from backports on lucid and have a multi touch
>> tablet. I notice kde claims support for multi touch with kde 4.4
>> and the youtube stuff is cool.  But, I don't seem to be able to
>> get it to work on kubuntu.
>>
>> Anyone know a reason?
>
> Not without a little more info, anyway...

Yes, I have support in the kernel.

> Do you have the proper drivers installed? What have you tried so far?
> (On a side note, I thought multitouch wouldn't be in Ubuntu until
> 10.10?)

So, did I.  Then I started researching kde to see what their plan is and
found this page for kde 4.4
http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.4_Release_Goals , which says it
includes:

Multitouch resize, rotate and move on platforms that support multitouch

Then I also find a bunch of youtube showing it in use.  So, what's the
problem with my kubuntu.  Is there some magic package I need to install
or checkbox to enable?