help with milling list

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 03:23:08 BST 2010

On Sunday, August 22, 2010 10:19:01 pm Michael did opine:

> On 08/22/2010 10:53 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Sunday, August 22, 2010 11:45:07 am Doug did opine:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> >> Somewhat off-topic, altho PcLOs is supposed to be derived from
> >> Ubuntu--
> >
> > Ahh, no, its rpm based and an offshoot of Mandriva.
>
> ???
>
> Does the "PcLOs" refer to PCLinuxOS?

Yes.

> PCLinuxOS is an off-shoot of
> Ubuntu, using apt & synaptic, etc.

Nope, sorry.  Yes it uses synaptic, but adapted to rpms, many of which come
straight from the mandriva repo's.  Little or no connection to ubuntu.
PclinuxOS doesn't use .deb's, and I don't even have alias installed.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)