What is plasma?

Hakan Koseoglu hakan at koseoglu.org
Fri Aug 20 09:46:10 UTC 2010

On 20 August 2010 10:33, Ulrich GrĂ¼n <ulrich.gruen at gmail.com> wrote:
> at the KDE site, I read that it is possible to use the newest KDE on
> Kubuntu 10.4, via the ppa repository (ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports).
> My question: is it safe to use the ppa backport and especially KDE 4.5
> (or newer) in 10.4? Or should I stick with KDE 4.4.2 which is in 10.4
> and not using ppa?
I tried it immediately when it got released and hit a maddeningly
annoying bug (now fixed). I'd recommend to wait a couple of weeks if
you don't want to deal with any bugs then go for it unless you prefer
the excitement :)

In most cases right after a major release the increase in usage crops
up more uncommon bugs which get swatted rapidly, leading to a stable
release.