getting rid of the tree view of a message

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Tue Aug 17 05:28:13 UTC 2010

On 17/08/2010 07:46, Michael Hirsch wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Basil Chupin<blchupin at iinet.net.au>  wrote:

>>> No, I mean the part at the bottom of the mail message that tells you
>>> what the structure of the MIME mail is.  Often it is a text body, an
>>> html body, and some number of attachments.
>>>
>>> Michael
>>>

>> I see. You can't left-click, hold, and drag down (or up or sideways,
>> whatever) the border(s)?
>>
> Yes, I can do that.  But then the next message has them back where
> they were.  On my personal kmail they are unobtrusively down at the
> bottom, taking up very little room.  And as a geek I don't mind seeing
> them there and getting some insight into how mail is structured, but
> on my wife's kmail they take up have the message window.  Even I agree
> that is intolerable.
>
> Michael

OK, getting the picture...

Are you both running the same OS and if so have you done a comparison of
the settings between the two systems? In line with this, are new
messages being opened in the same window or in a separate (new) window?

(Just as an aside, I did read somewhere very recently (as in yesteday I
think) that kmail has gone the hill rather badly recently and that it is
now better to switch over to Thunderbird. Have you considered this?)

BC

--
Don't resent getting old - a great many are denied the privelege.