getting rid of the tree view of a message

Michael Hirsch mdhirsch at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 16:56:42 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 9:48 AM, Perry <pwhite at bluewin.ch> wrote:
> Le Monday 16 August 2010 06.46:08 Michael Hirsch, vous avez écrit (you wrote)
> :
>> I just upgraded my family to KDE 4.5.  Now my wife is pretty unhappy.
>>
>> Her biggest problem is with kmail.  When she looks at a mail message
>> (double click the entry in the message list) is always shows her the
>> message structure.  Even worse, the frame showing the structure takes
>> up half the window.  She can shrink it to something smaller, but the
>> next on she looks at has it back to half the window again.
> [snip]
>
> I don't know about KDE 4.5 but under 4.3.2 you find the related radio buttons
> under something like (translated from French)
> Configuration/Appearance/Lay Out tab/display message structure section

Thanks Perry.  I'll have to see if I can find that--I thought I'd
looked everywhere, but didn't see it.

I solved the problem for now by editing the kmailrc by hand.  I found
the MIME structure stuff and said "never".  But I'd rather find the
options you mentioned.  I'll look when I get home.

Michael