Separate activity for each desktop in 4.5?

gh girardhenri at free.fr
Mon Aug 16 07:47:38 UTC 2010

-----Message d'origine-----
From: Neil Winchurst
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2010 9:30 AM
To: Kubuntu user technical support - not for general discussion
Subject: Re: Separate activity for each desktop in 4.5?

On 16/08/10 05:31, Basil Chupin wrote:

>> But I used to easily set up each virtual desktop in KDE 3 with a separate
>> picture and I was very surprised when KDE 4 did not have the same
>> feature.
>>
>> Seemed to me that KDE was going backwards or that the particular
>> developer was
>> getting lazy.
>>

> Which is why I no longer use KDE.
>
> BC

Me too. I have used KDE for years and I have followed all the various
emails about the new version. In future I will be using Xfce as my
desktop manager. I think this thread about being able to have different
backgrounds on each desktop is the clincher.

Neil
I think kde4.5 is a wonderfull desktop though still not easy to configure...
I use gnome and kde4.5 apps because kde4.5 is much slower !
And i can even use my gnome theme as kde4.5 theme. It's not getting
backwards but development  llanguage improved et we don't always find things
we were used to... I think by version kde5 things will be ok :)
lol

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: