Separate activity for each desktop in 4.5?

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 17:46:22 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-08-14 at 19:03 +0200, Reinhold Rumberger wrote:

> > It is checked, but I have been unable to find where I can select
> > the background image to use.
>
> Right click on the desktop and select the settings entry (it's the
> last entry here).

Gene, you're gonna love this. I just did as Reinhold suggested and find
that there is only one desktop background in the stock install. You have
to ADD more images before you can install a different desktop
background. Makes sense, when you have only one, that nothing will
change or be added. Just click on the desktop and chose desktop
settings, then add wallpapers. Add a few, select one and click OK. Move
to the next desktop and you'll find it displays the old one, which you
can then change to a different wallpaper. And then the next...

Piece O cake. I haven't added anything else, nor downloaded any
utility... ergo it ain't broke. :) Enjoy! Ric