Separate activity for each desktop in 4.5?

lanzen lanzenesi at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 15:54:36 UTC 2010

Il 14/08/2010 00:33, Josh Stephenson ha scritto:

> In earlier versions of kde 4 (I can't remember when it started it was probably
> 4.3)  you could check a box in the activity settings to associate a separate
> activity for each desktop/workspace. This would allow you to have a separate
> wallpaper for each desktop.
>
> In 4.5, with the introduction of the activity manager, this option seems to
> have been moved or vanished entirely.  I  can't find a way get more than one
> wallpaper for all of my workspaces and I can't find a way to merge activities
> and workspaces.  I personally don't have a need for both workspaces and
> activities... and while I understand some people do, taking away the other
> option seems like a regression.
>
> Or maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place.  Does anybody how to achieve
> what I want to do in 4.5?

Just add as many activities as you feel /need, then, well, I've added a
panel that hides and un-hides when the pointer gets close and put the
activity manager widget inside. This acts as a work-space selector. I
kept, for the moment, two desktops for each activity, but, to achieve
the old behavior, just leave one and get rid of the desktop selector
altogether.

--
lanzen