printer config in 4.5

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 07:40:58 UTC 2010

On 11/08/2010 22:52, Alvin wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 August 2010 20:55:41 Paul Kaplan wrote:
>> Just updated to kde SC4.5 on Lucid and it seems that the printer config
>> isn't working the way it did in 4.4.  If I select a previously config'ed
>> printer, I no longer see the config page for the printer, nor can I delete
>> a newly setup printer.
>>
>> system-config-printer-common and kde are both installed.
>>
>> Anyone else?  Solution?
>
> I'll start by confirming this. It's possible to add a printer, but not to see
> it's properties.
>
> I remember this breaking a lot in previous upgrades too, only this time
> there's no error message. Previously, it always had something to do with
> python.
>
> Now, that is not very useful info. Is there already a bug filed about this?

this is a complete showstopper for me and I am happy I saw this BEFORE I
upgraded a netbook a young friend is using. And happy I have not yet
swapped to my new laptop so I can reinstall it with KDE 4.4.5 and stay
there until we get to 10.10. Unless an update/bugfix for this comes
before next week.

Sinclair