Display problems in task bar

Ingolf Steinbach ingolf.steinbach at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 10 18:07:37 UTC 2010

2010/8/9 Wes Hardin <wes.hardin at maxim-ic.com>:
> I would conjecture either because of a low power/power savings
> condition on a laptop (which may disable compositing)

It is a desktop. I do not use power savings functionality (at least
not deliberately).

> or a mis-configured
> Xorg conf (which may disable compositing altogether).

It is the default Xorg config which had been established during the
installation of Kubuntu.

> You don't state what
> events take place between seeing the normal bar and either of the other two
> examples, so it's tough to guess what might have happened.

Sorry. The problems appear after logging in (after power-on). Logging
out and in again seems to throw the dice again and may lead to a
different scenario. It can happens to any user in the system (not just
me) even for newly created ones (i.e. without any modification of
configuration settings).

> I have seen the same issue as the "weird" one, but that was during alpha
> testing a few releases back.  Haven't run into it in recent memory.

Which release are you using currently? It's Kubuntu 10.04 LTS amd64 here.

Kind regards
Ingolf