laptop-mode-tools

O. Sinclair orion2000za at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 10 07:01:59 UTC 2010

on 10.04 I tried to install the laptop-mode-tools package that I used
with success on 9.10. However I get told that pm-utils-powersave-policy
then needs to be removed and when I ok that I am told that
"pm-utils-powersave-policy blocks the update"

this is in Kpackagekit.

has anyone tried removing the pm-utils-powesave-policy package? What
consequences could it have except for blocking use of laptop-mode-tools?

Regards,
Sinclair