Spam:****, Re: 32- or 64-bit

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 10:09:52 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 12:49, Lindsay Mathieson
<lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Aug 2010 05:26:39 pm Hakan Koseoglu wrote:
>> I am suprised that this FUD still persists. 64 bit ?ubuntu
>> distributions  + flash works perfectly for quite a time.
>
> Bollocks

64 bit flash works on _some_ hardware, not on all. That is why it is
still alpha.

When the beta 64 bit Flash came out I tested it on some machines: of
four or five machines all worked fine but one, identical new Ubuntu
(not Kubuntu) installs. I think that the problematic machine was AMD,
I don't really remember. Adobe then pulled the beta and returned 64
bit Flash to alpha.

So 64 bit Flash might work for you and me just fine, but on other
hardware it doesn't.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il