First look at Kubuntu 10.04

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 04:28:08 UTC 2010

On Wednesday, August 04, 2010 12:23:35 am Doug did opine:

> On 8/3/2010 11:30 PM, Goh Lip wrote:
> > On 08/04/2010 09:46 AM, Doug wrote:
> >> Hello, and probably goodbye.
>
> /snip/
>
> > But....if you want our opinions, suggestions or advice, that's a
> > different matter. However, being a college freshman, we'd think you
> > have some degree of initiative, research and spunk. So google and
> > read up the distro's or gui's webpages or forums before coming here.
>
> /snip/
>   Then again, I wonder about the objective of your
>
> > course and indeed, your motivation for taking that course.
> >
> > Goh Lip
>
> Well, I'm not a freshman.  I've been out of school quite a few years.
> I'm 72.  I started in computing when it was a teletype machine connected
> thru an acoustic coupler to a mainframe in Texas, somewhere, on the
> company's dime. I've been playing--I use the word advisedly--with
> various linuxes for almost 15 years, off and on.  And yes, I've read a
> lot of "fine" manuals. I decided it's time I actually learned what the
> heck I'm doing!
>
> --doug

Got ya beat Doug,  I'm 75.  Been using linux exclusively since Red Hat 5.0.
But its moving fairly fast and I seem to be falling behind, hence I wander
around these mailing lists, hat in hand begging for help more often than
I'd like to.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)