First look at Kubuntu 10.04

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 02:31:26 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-08-03 at 21:46 -0400, Doug wrote:
> Hello, and probably goodbye.
>
> I d/l'd Ku 10.04 and set up the live edition.  Now I know what the guys
> on the SUSE list are bitching about with KDE 4.4.x. (I think yours is
> 4.4.2.)  What a horrific mess!

I raised ten kinds of holy hell about KDE4.0. Now I'm just fine with it.
You can easily put your task bar on the bottom, use the old style menu
and you can hardly tell the difference. It's all good. The only problem
I anticipated was sound with KDE vs Pulse. So, I installed ubuntu 10.4
first, then added KDE after I was sure I had pulse working correctly. I
used to loathe pulseaudio before. Now I like it. It's all good. Ric