Solved the update problem

Ole-Erik Yrvin oeyrvin at hagan.no
Sun Aug 1 08:50:02 UTC 2010

Sujith H

Yes, and everything worked with lINUX MINT 9 KDE from LinuxFormat at the
new white external player/burner. I even copied the "old" documents which
came up in Dolphin!

A little late i found this nice advise under B 1 saying: "As a general
rule... unless you need to, or unless you really want to, there's no
reason for you to upgrade" and lots of other useful "howtos":
http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/2

Ole-Erik Y.

> Sujith H
>
> Thank your for your immediate response.
>
> I think I am going to buy an external usb DVD player/burner and install
> Linux Mint 9 from the cover disk in Linux format Issue 134 (August 2010):
> http://www.linuxformat.com/archives. Eee is without an internal DVD
> player.
>
> If you ask them nicely, they may even send you a disc.
> (support at futurenet.co.uk)
>
> You may chose KDE in stead of Gnome from your log in page. Linux mint
> remember your choice.
>
> And you have to add proprietary drivers etc. And this is not difficult
> from the program menu!
>
> I have done this from our HP Altec Lansing lap top, with good results. And
> help from Mozilla Firefox options as well.
>
> However, nice to hear that other people meet the same upgrading problem as
> I meet, and that a solution obviously not is imminent.
>
> Ole-Erik Y
>

>> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 9:10 AM, Ole-Erik Yrvin <oeyrvin at hagan.no>
> wrote:
>>
>>> I have exactly the same problem updating to Lucid Kubuntu from the net
>>> and
>>> does not find keyboard and mouse at Acer Eee 1000H..
>>
>> My laptop is IBM Thinkpad R51. And I believe the drivers should be there
>> in
>> the lucid to support hardware. I don't know how to proceed :(
>>
>>> Ole-Erik Y.

>>> which
>>> and
>>> checked
>>> the
>>> website.
>>> with
>>> till
>>> the
>>> checked
>>> find
>>> anything. Can anyone help me what the problem is and how to move