CiscoLinksys AE1000 usb wifi N Dual Band adapter on a KUbuntu 10.4 Howto Thoughts Issues ; jor kubuntu

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 07:56:56 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-08-01 at 03:38 -0400, Tom H wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> <snip>
> >>
> >> Perhaps you could start a blog for your rants...
> >
> > Not nice... he's frustrated. We ALL get that way at times. To call his
> > problem a rant denigrates the OP and minimizes his problem. Ric
>
> It's not nice for us to be subjected to a rant. When I reply to a list
> email, the "to" field is "Kubuntu user technical support
> <kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>" and not "Kubuntu user
> rant-alleviation support <kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>".
>
> It would have been infinitely better for him to say, less succinctly
> but in this vein:
>
> KDE's network manager is badly documented - and perhaps not as
> well-performing as it ought to be - and the only way that my USB wifi
> card seems to be usable is through the compilation of its driver.

Sure it would! I agree. But it's not likely to happen like that when
someone is beating their brains out, getting all hot under the collar
and a rant ensues when the documentation is so poor that he has to
scurry hither and yon to dig up 2nd and 3rd party answers that he
may/may not trust off of the net. Heck, that's just being human. At
least he didn't use cuss words. Man pages are getting sparse. They used
to have pages of information AND examples. I'm not seeing that much
nowadays. <grins> Ric