Lots of eyeballs to find the remaining bugs?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 12:10:06 UTC 2010

> I understand it to mean these bugs:
> Installation and upgrade bugs,

That has nothing to do with KDE 4.

> Kubuntu-specific bugs (notification
> indicator widget, the printer applet),

Are these Kubuntu / Canonical developments?

> packaging bugs (akonadi errors,
> Ubuntu/Debian-specific patches)......

This sounds like the point that I had missed. Yes, packaging KDE 4 is
in fact different than packaging KDE 3.

> Kubuntu devs do submit bug fix patches to KDE as well.

I was unaware of that, in fact I think I had once read criticism
(maybe out of date by now) that Canonical does not contribute back to
KDE.

> You might want to also ask this question on the -devel list.

As it is a curiosity issue I don't want to bother them with such
matters in the last week before a release! There it might be
considered trolling, whereas here I could gather some insight from
community.

Thanks, Clay!

--
Dotan Cohen