Root unable to change ownership and modify permissions

I Am Me theunknownandrew at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 05:57:38 UTC 2010

/**
* Replying to - Re: Root unable to change ownership and modify permissions
* from : Hans Henry von Tresckow <hvontres at gmail.com> sent on Tuesday 20 Apr 2010 @ 11:02:33 am
*/
> Is /media/Andrew mounted rw?

Yes it is, more details :

Its a NTFS formatted partition on my on-board 80 GB HDD

iamme at thishost\~ >df -h | grep Andrew
/dev/sdb5              35G   24G   12G  68% /media/Andrew
iamme at thishost\~ >
iamme at thishost\~ >mount -l | grep Andrew
/dev/sdb5 on /media/Andrew type fuseblk (rw,nosuid,nodev,allow_other,blksize=4096) [Andrew]
iamme at thishost\~ >

--
/**
 * ((())))  Its good if you document what you code, I often put