Duplicate sources.list entries

Georgi Kourtev gkourtev at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 06:23:06 UTC 2010

Dear all,

From some time I have issue with duplicated entries in sources.list. When
running aptitude update or apt-get update I got the below message after at
least 2 to 3 minutes of reading the sources. I have tried some suggestions
found over the internet but nothing helped. Any ideas?  Thanks.
gk

Reading package lists... Done
Updating debtags database...... Done
W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://archive.ubuntu.com karmic-
backports/main Packages
(/var/lib/apt/lists/archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_karmic-
backports_main_binary-i386_Packages)
W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://archive.ubuntu.com karmic-
backports/restricted Packages
(/var/lib/apt/lists/archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_karmic-
backports_restricted_binary-i386_Packages)
W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://archive.ubuntu.com karmic-
backports/universe Packages
(/var/lib/apt/lists/archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_karmic-
backports_universe_binary-i386_Packages)
W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://archive.ubuntu.com karmic-
backports/multiverse Packages
(/var/lib/apt/lists/archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_karmic-
backports_multiverse_binary-i386_Packages)