Firefox Karmic freezing

Perry pwhite at bluewin.ch
Wed Apr 14 17:54:30 UTC 2010

Hi,

After a long strech of almost daily updates offered through KPackageKit for
firefox (now Namoroka/3.6.4pre), it has become almost unusable.

For example, launching from a shell I get:
	(firefox-bin:2539): GLib-WARNING **: g_set_prgname() called multiple times
then if I go to <http://www.wordreference.com/fr/> or
<http://www.ch.map24.com> I get
	** (firefox-bin:2563): WARNING **: Serious fd usage error 15
	** (firefox-bin:2563): WARNING **: Serious fd usage error 13
end FF becomes unresponsive.
I can look up a word in Google, but clicking on a link *may* cause FF freezing
too.

I waited some days for another update that would fix this problem, but  the
devs essm satisfied with what they attained  ;O)))
(or it's somewhat harder to fix and they are working hard at it)

Also not seeing this problem appear on the list opens the possibility that the
updates are not responsible.

I tried googling (with Konqueror) but did not come yet with a simple answer,
ether too many hits or too few, depending on the keywords.
One suggestion I could try is replace the 3.6.4pre version with the stable
3.6.3...someone knows the best way to achieve this? or can anyone offer another
suggestion.

Thanks in advance		Perry

--
ıɔǝɔ ǝɯɯoɔ xnǝıɯ ʇsǝ,ɔ nʇunqnʞ