How to rescue my data files before reconfiguring the 2 HD's of my desktop PC?!

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Fri Apr 9 15:43:03 UTC 2010

  Bas Roufs wrote:

> attempt ends up in again 'Error 18', unless I boot from USB or CD.
> Apparently something has happened with the grub, because of which I do
> not manage any more to boot from the sdb7-partition. Also attempts to
> mount sdb7 via a live system have failed so far.

Bas, if you cannot access your 9.10 partition with a livecd system (or
puppy, knoppix sticks) may indicate a more serious problem about your
hard disk than just unable to boot to it. Perhaps you should start to
check this out first.

I am not good in checking hard disk issues and I'll leave others to help
out. Hope you'll have better luck.

Regards - Goh Lip