Wireless problem with 10.4 beta

Bruce Marshall bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Wed Apr 7 00:45:41 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 06 April 2010, Fred A. Miller wrote:

> Yes! Non-Intel chipsets worked with 9.10, but most won't with 10.04. I'm
> sure it will get fixed.

Welll    now.......     just found the problem....

Network-Manager was still running....  and I think it should have been removed
when I installed wicd.

Network manager brought up its own copy of wpa-supplicant  which was confusing
things...   Once I stopped NM, and killed the extra wpa-supplicate,  things
are fine.

I have now removed network-manager altogether.