Adding a drive

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 13:53:57 UTC 2010

On 05/04/2010, Basil Chupin wrote:
> Ah, a most interesting point. I have taken a note of this, thanks very much.

Not using a UUID goes against Ubuntu standard practice (and upcoming
Debian standard practice).

It should be standard operating procedure for anyone about to embark
on any of the above partition changes to make a note of the UUIDs (if
she/he does not have this information saved offline) in order to
reassign them (a very simple procedure).