Asus Eee PC 1001HA: uncontrollably jumping cursor and difficulty to turn off/ on the touchpad

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 18:00:09 UTC 2010

Dear forum members

Recently I bought a new netbook: Asus 1001HA,together with Win7. I
shrinked the Windows partition and installed next to it Kubuntu 9.10
Netbook remix. When typing a message like this one, the cursor tends
to jump unexpectedly to places above, below, left or right of it's
current position: especially when typing too quickly. At another
forum, I received an advise to turn off the touchpad when typing like
this. At the Windows partition, there is a simple command to turn off
and on the touchpad: fn—f3. At the Linux partition, there are already
drivers for several other buttons collaborating with the fn button -
but apparently NOT for the button combination fn-f3.That's why, I am
wondering how to get such a driver. Or is there any command line
script available which enables me to quickly turn off and turn on the
touchpad?

Thx. for replying,

Bas Roufs.