mountall hangs

Reinhold Rumberger rrumberger at web.de
Sun Apr 4 05:58:38 UTC 2010

On Saturday 03 April 2010, Max Freitag wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I use kubuntu 9.10. On my system hangs the process mountall, 100%
> CPU on one core. I can't kill it and after reboot its the same
> situation. I think normally, the process shoud end after the
> boot. Some idee? I didn't find errors in the log.

Not that I know a lot about this, but might mountall still be running
fsck because one of you partitions is seriously corrupted? I don't
really think that that should cause 100% CPU usage, though. Could you
check that the "usage" isn't actually some process waiting for IO?
Could you post the output of "top -n 1|head -n 13" (runs top once and
displays the first 13 lines)?

What log, BTW? How long have you tried letting mountall run? Are all
partitions mounted properly?

  --Reinhold