any way to disable prompt for open tty during shutdown

Reinhold Rumberger rrumberger at web.de
Sun Apr 4 05:51:11 UTC 2010

On Sunday 04 April 2010, Steve Morris wrote:
> On 03/04/10 18:31, Reinhold Rumberger wrote:
> >>
> >> I am not sure that this is a Kubuntu issue, I think this is a
> >> Linux standard/upstream issue in that I believe you get the
> >> same thing in other linux distributions, in which case raising
> >> it against Kubuntu is the wrong location.
> >
> > It's an upstart/init issue. Launchpad is meant for any issues
> > that occur in *buntu - if it was only for the software written
> > by Canonical/Ubuntu developers, it'd be pretty empty. But since
> > it's meant to provide a central place to go to for *buntu
> > problems, reporting it there is most certainly the right thing
> > to do. It even provides a means to signal the bug's presence in
> > other distros...
>
> Sorry for the noise. I have had issues with other distributions
> objecting to upstream issues being raised in their equivalent of
> launchpad and I assumed *buntu was the same. I apologise.

No need to apologise. This way, everybody who reads this list and
didn't know this before, knows now. It's better to clear up these
misconception and have a little noise than to have them persist.

A little aside: it's better to report KDE bugs directly to KDE since
the Kubuntu team is seriously understaffed and doesn't get around to
doing this themselves. So launchpad isn't the best place to report
all bugs, anyway.

  --Reinhold