media players and browser plugins, KDE 4.3

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kubuntu.org
Wed Sep 30 13:37:09 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 14:59, O. Sinclair <o.sinclair at gmail.com> wrote:
> O. Sinclair wrote:
>> Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
>>> Hi there.

>>> Because w32codecs is not what you need :) You need to install the
>>> kubuntu-restricted-extras package, that should do the trick. And, of
>>> course, restart KDE so the sound engine can load the codecs.
>
> I still don't get what happened to Amarok and "add URL" as absolutely
> nothing happens if I try to "add stream" in Amarok.

I really wonder what Amarok version you have there. Amarok 2.2 final
is out today, the beta version aka 2.190 is already in Karmic beta,
but I have no such option as "Add URL" for adding a radio stream in my
Amarok (2.2-git of this morning) here.
Where do you try to add this stream? Sine we do talk about a radio
stream, not a podcast, right? The menu "Playlist -> Add stream" works
flawlessly here. Of course you must make sure the actual stream server
is online, we still can't work miracles...

Could you please paste the URL of the stream here so I can try?

Regards, Myriam.
http://www.fsfe.org