single *_grub_* partition for many distros

Perry pwhite at bluewin.ch
Sat Sep 26 19:57:33 UTC 2009

Le Saturday 26 September 2009 12:46:46 Goh Lip, vous avez écrit :
> Joe, I think you had inadvertently sent to my direct email rather than
> the mailing list. So I copied and add as subject matter your proposed
> subject header.
>
> Joe Philbrook wrote:
> > I think this grub2 discussion has gotten far enough off topic from
> > a thread about "Partition problems" That it was time to move the
> > discussion to a New thread... And no, I doubt I'd really want to switch
> > back to lilo.
[snip]

No Goh,
I don't belive it was inadvertently because I was CC'ed the same mail (thanks
Joe!), and he also renamed it as :
"grub2, And how to survive it... (OR is lilo still a viable option?<snicker>)"

IMHO this thread may well stay on this list, but I must admit grub isn't an
actual problem for me, and my current knowledge on this topic is such that I
could only contribute questions to this discussion.

Here is one question:
I basically understand your manipulations with grub and chainloading but
failed, despite a quick look at Grub or Grub2 manuals, to make clear the
notion of looping or loopback. Could you briefly describe what it is about.

Thanks		Perry

--
BOFH excuse #293: You must've hit the wrong any key