Jaunty and Radeon 7500

Brian Blater brb.lists at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 12:18:10 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 8:15 PM, Clay Weber <claydoh at midmaine.com> wrote:

> Hmm., sorry it did not work. I have the same model laptop/video card as the
> blogger, though mine does not have the higher-res screen .
> I wonder if it is something with the new xorg version from when that was
> posted.
>
> have you tried out krandrtray? it may list more resolutions.
>
> clay

Yeah, I've tried several different things in the xorg.conf, krandrtray
etc and the only thing it shows is 1024x768 or lower. I'm beginning to
wonder if this either has the lower res screen or has a problem, but I
remember when it was originally running XP I was getting 1400x1050.

I wish I could run an ATI proprietary driver just to see if that did
anything, but none of the new ones support the older cards.

Brian