re "Software Management"

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Thu Sep 24 11:57:25 UTC 2009

ray burke wrote:

> can anyone help with this from yahoo-
>
> Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Messenger about upgrate notifications.
> You can install software-properties-gtk, or access "Software Sources"
> or"Software Management" through your main system menu. For further
> assistance, please contact Kubuntu:

What's the question, Ray?  What's the address given for "please contact
Kubuntu".  If you, or someone else, were directed here for an answer, then
I'd say that's exactly right - but you have to actually ask a question.

The only thing apparently wrong is that one wouldn't install software-
properties-gtk on a Kubuntu system.  That's for gnome - you want software-
properties-kde.
--
derek