Welcome to the "kubuntu-users" mailing list

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Tue Sep 22 15:10:44 UTC 2009

On Monday 21 September 2009 9:02:32 pm ranjith.ttr at wipro.com wrote:
> Hi
> I want to join this mailing list

Well ranjith. you DID join the list, unfortunately by top posting and
including all the text of the email that welcomed you to the list that
you "answered," you also provided your password to thousands of
people! ...every member of the list got it.

> Cheers
> ranjith

This part was your "welcome", the rest of the message was telling you how to
operate your functions of the list.

> To post to this list, send your email to:
>
>   kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com

> If you ever want to unsubscribe or change your options (eg, switch to or
> from digest mode, change your password, etc.), visit your subscription
> page at:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/options/kubuntu-users/ranjith.ttr%40wip
> ro.com

I'd do the above.

NOW!

>   kubuntu-users-request at lists.ubuntu.com
>
> with the word `help' in the subject or body (don't include the quotes),
> and you will get back a message with instructions.
>
> You must know your password to change your options (including changing
> the password, itself) or to unsubscribe.  It is:

I snipped here so as not to repeat your error of revealing your password to
everyone on the list, but IF you still have control of your account, I'd
think about changing your password at the earliest convenience!  You would
follow the instructions written right above where I wrote, "I'd do the
above." in this message!!  Hopefully no-one was so uncouth as to vandalize
you.  Welcome again and let us know when you are back in control of your
account.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org  _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403