Kubuntu Alpha's

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 09:19:30 UTC 2009

2009/9/22 Knapp <magick.crow at gmail.com>:
>>> How could I go about
>>> making sure that all the libs and programs are correct? Maybe I could
>>> reinstall all?
>>>

>> If you are not experiencing any problems, then I wouldn't even bother
>> worrying about it. As a rule, one should not _rely_ on alpha-updated
>> systems to be stable when fully updated. But if it works out as stable
>> for you, and it probably does work out stable in more cases than not,
>> then all the better.
>>
> All well and good but I would love to know the answer to my question. Any ideas?

I would ask that question on the dev list. They understand the
situation better than most posters here. You might even want to ask at
linuxquestion.org or unix.org.

> I can't say it is or is not stable as I have only used it for a few
> hours, just to play with KDE 4. Seems good but who knows?

Pay careful attention to Akonadi, as that has caused me several
(potential, caught in personal testing) dataloss issues. For
production use, I recommend disabling the Akonadi resources for the
time being. Also, panel and desktop settings were often lost KDE 4.1
-> KDE 4.2 during the alpha and maybe even beta stages.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il